Thursday, May 23, 2013

only three???

one of my favorite customers gave me this silly little "homework assignment" yesterday
- come to work tomorrow with your THREE all time favorite songs

WTF??
choose just THREE??
ALL TIME???
pisshhaaawwww!!!!

so naturally, much like i have done in all of my academic endeavors, i procrastinated.  which, in one day, doesn't buy you ANY time.  
so when he came by the next day, literally bouncing to hear our faves, i told him i didn't do it.
i just "forgot"
truth is, 
i don't want to share that with anyone.
thats MINE
those songs mean so much to me- and there are many more than just THREE- so why would I put myself out there to anyone??  music is more than that.  it is ever-changing, it means more or less to you depending on what you're dealing with or going through at any one particular time.  so- i fudged them some.
blah blah blah....
Doobie Brothers "without love"- for Dad.
then for nostalgic reasons: "amber" by 311 (yeah, I'm old- i get it)
anything recent by Miguel (dreamy sigh)
and then derrrrr, afterwards though of one of my faves- John mayer (don't hate)
dont know what it is- maybe the INCREDIBLE way the boy plays the guitar, or the lyrics, or something else, but I LOVE THIS SONG!!! yeah, I've heard he's kinda a prick- but seriously...if the first 30 seconds of this song don't make you need to just BREATHE in and out ONCE- then you're an asshole. 


(yeah- a LINK.  I'm still a moron when it comes to this blog thing- so if you know how to post an actual effing video from youtube to this using my ipad, id love to hear it)

No comments:

Post a Comment