Sunday, January 26, 2014

photographic memories


I have aspirations of captuing beauty like this...

http://instagram.com/b3njamin

i always thought it was strange that when i was seeing or experiencing something that i didnt want to forget or that i felt a deep connection to, i would close my eyes, open them, and then close them again.  
i was taking a mental picture of that moment.  
making sure to use all my senses at once. 
listening to the ocean with my eles closed.
taking a deep, body filling breath and capturing the smell of the air.  
feeling the temperature of the air on my skin. 
listening to the music with your whole body.  
feeling what was intended on being brought to the surface through someone elses talents and passions.  
in the last year, in all the difficult moments, ive also had some incredibly powerful, beautiful and progressive moments.  im trying to hold on to those mental pictures.  
remembering the emotional relics that have reawakened a determination to be happy in myself.  unapologetically.   
nurturing those things may seem selfish at times, but i see it as strengthening. 
being strong has always been my core. 
now its time to build off what has made that core solid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment